A quick update at halftime. Put quite a bit of time in on the map this weekend, not all of it productive, though I'm happy where I'm leaving off tonight. I set up a seed and fertilizer station on the main farm. The original idea was to just set something up quick and dirty to be used while testing but I kind of got carried away and went for something that might make the end cut. 

In the not so great column I found that a good deal of the fencing around the pasture didn't quite reach the ground. There's 2360 meters of fencing around the pasture and putting it all right took a bit of time. There's only about a meter and a half of elevation difference on the pasture but it's enough to mean that section needed to be tweaked individually to ensure it was firmly in the ground while still matching up with its neighbor on either side. I took the opportunity to expand the pasture somewhat and it now produces 500K liters of silage.

At present the pasture is simply a cuttable grass  foliage layer on top of a grass terrain detail rather than on a field. Converting to a field would allow for fertilizing and therefore greater yield. I did convert it over but wasn't happy with the way it looked so I converted it back. I'll give it another try at some point.

I layed down 3 fields and associated field dimension markers. The field size and field area render scripts that were added for FS17 are a big help though I did have one issue that threw me for a while. For some reason I couldn't get hired workers to do any work. Thinking I did something wrong I re-did all of the field definitions, several times, all to no avail. Ultimately it dawned on me that it might be a mod conflict so I removed all of the mods I had going. Sure enough that was it. I've added a few mods back in but have not figured out which one was causing the conflict. Fortunately it's not DriveControl, GPS or the Money Mod. I hate playing without DC or GPS and the Money Mod is very convenient for adding in equipment while testing. 

The map is really starting to shape up. Cows, pigs, and sheep are implemented though I still need to do some more testing. The main farm is laid down but still needs a lot of detail work. The pasture is pretty much good to go and three fields, 7ha, 10.5ha, and 17ha are laid down as well, though as you can see from the last picture I'm still working out ground smoothing in a couple of spots. I've also got a few animatedObjects errors to squash, but all in all a good showing for the weekend.

Solid fert, seeds, and liquid fert readily available on the farm.

Solid fert, seeds, and liquid fert readily available on the farm.

Measure once, cut twice, err I mean...

Measure once, cut twice, err I mean...

Finally getting some where

Finally getting some where

Well, some of us are.

Well, some of us are.